Thursday, December 11, 2008

Z-CoiL Founder Spotlight - Al's Run for the Senate!

You're probably aware that Al Gallegos has long been an avid runner, and that he invented special shoes designed to help reduce the pain and injuries that plagued him as a result.

What you may not have known is that Al has also run in two major political races! True to his nature, Al wanted to help improve the lives of people in his New Mexico community, so he ran for a state senate seat in 1972 and again in 1976. Though he didn't win, he continued to stay active in many civic and community organizations.


"I wanted to get into politics because I thought I had some good ideas about ways to help people, but I think I'm reaching more people with the footwear," Al says, looking back. "I think we are on the leading edge of something that can change a lot of lives."




Please click here to read a full article recently posted in Farmington, New Mexico's Daily Times newspaper.

No comments: